Monday, February 9, 2009

Tractor restoration

This blog will be a journal of my progress with tractors in my restoration queue. I am currently working on a 1956 Ford 740 and have a 1959 Ford 641-D in my shop waiting for its turn. The 740 has been sodablasted (www.atozsodablasting.com/) and is currently being completely disassembled for painting.

It's at this point that I replace any worn parts such as bearings and seals. I'll also pull the head off the block to take a look at the valves and pistons and remove the oil pan and one or two bearing caps to check the wear on the piston and main bearings.

I do this as a hobby working evenings and weekends as I can find time away from my day job. I'll update the work on this tractor from time-to-time as I make progress with it.

I also have a 1959 or 60 Ford 841-D that I'm trying to sell, completely un-restored. If it doesn't sell I'll put it in the queue for a restoration project, too.

Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment